Friday, May 11, 2012

DIY Sanitizing Wipes

I ran out of sanitizing wipes the other day and I refused to pay money for something I could make with the things I already had in my home. So here's the tutorial on making your own wipes. Essential oils can be purchased from me via my website

What You'll Need:
2 cups of warm water
1 roll of premium paper towels
2 tbsp of fractionated coconut oil
3-6 drops of On Guard essential oil blend
3-6 drops of Lemon essential oil
1/2-1 Tbsp of Liquid castile soap
container for your wipes.
serrated edge knife and cutting board



First things first you want to cut the paper towels in half width wise. Remove the cardboard center. Plunk your wipes down in your container. I reused the container that I had from my retail wipes. In a large measuring cup, measure out your warm water. Pour your other ingredients into the water. Then give it a good stir with a whisk. Then you're going to pour your soap mixture over your paper towels in the container. Pull your wipes up through the center and Voila! DIY sanitizing wipes. These wipes are actually better for your household than commercial wipes. They are environmentally healthy. They're all natural ingredients. They are kid friendly and pet friendly.


On Guard essential oil blend contains: Wild Orange, Clove bud, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary essential oils. Lemon Oil. Below is a chart to show what properties these oils have in disinfecting your home, body and life.
Information collected from doTERRA Living Magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! This' just what I need being a bit of a germaphobe. I've spent so much on commercial sanitizing wipes. Thanks! :)

    Just followed you on Google Friend Connect. Hope I get a follow back. Thank you!

    www.themommist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete